North Berkshire Dances are held on the second Saturdays of the month from 7:30 to 10 PM in the community hall of the First Congregational Church, 906 Main Street, Williamstown, MA. Dances include contras and squares all done to great live music. The sessions are open to beginners, families, and life-long dancers! All dances are taught and no partner is required. Come alone or bring a friend or two.
As a community dance in a small college town, we welcome people of all ages and backgrounds into the ever-changing tradition of New England contra dance. Some of the dances are hundreds of years old, some are recently composed; all are good fun and a pleasurable occasion for meeting and interacting with people both new and familiar.
The dances run 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. on the second Saturday (most months) in the Community Hall of the First Congregational Church, 906 Main St., Williamstown. Admission is pay-as-you-can, $12 – $20 suggested, and barter (especially help with cleanup) is also welcome.
Covid Policy: starting fall of 2023, masks are optional, and we are no longer checking vaccination status.
- September 16th (3rd Saturday!): Jeff Walker will call, with Kathy Walker on fiddle.
- October 14th: Quena Crain calls to music by Three Potatoes Four, who are Gianna Marzilli Ericson, Rebecca Weiss, and Rebecca Hollingsworth.
- November 11th: Andy Davis will call. Music will be supplied by an open band led by Becky Hollingsworth and Rebecca Weiss.
- December 9th: Tony Parkes calls to music by Andy Davis, George Wilson, and Selma Kaplan. We might have a special Old Chestnuts theme.
- January 13, 2024: Paul Rosenberg calls. Musicians to be announced.
We send a quick email reminder once a month before each dance. If you would like to be included, you can subscribe here.