One of our goals as an organization is to act as a catalyst for individuals and groups who want to develop and sponsor traditional music and dance events in our region.
We provide support and opportunities for musicians and dancers to expand their skills or take part in events through workshops and event scholarships.
“It was a truly inspirational experience combining several forms of art together and bridging the gap between dancers (primarily Caucasian in recent years) and the African-American culture which gave rise to the development of the lindy hop in the 20’s and 30’s. There were also many opportunities for poetry, speaking, and a sing-a-long on Sunday night.”
Participant at collaborative events co-sponsored by Albany Blues and Soul (ALBS) and Albany’s African American Cultural Center.
Everyone really enjoyed themselves, and people appreciated the positive energy of the event and the fact that dancers felt comfortable and safe. It was great that [the DFO was] both showing up [to dance] and giving money. That way you were able to interact with the Mission Accomplished organization and see what the event brings to people instead of just hearing about it.
Carmen Duncan, Founder, Mission Accomplished Transition Services
“Just. Everything. Everything was amazing. Write that down.”
I loved being immersed directly in a culture and sharing this experience with my closest friends. It’s something I will never forget.
Saratoga High School Fiddlers Club students after a trip to Ireland
- Have an idea for an event that brings the general public (primarily adults) in contact with traditional music or dance? Apply for a Community Grant!
- If you have an idea for an event that brings together families, youth and/or adults with disabilities, please see the section on DF-YO! grants.
- Find upcoming Outreach and Grant-Funded events here. (Click “previous events” to view past events.)
- Want to attend the Flurry Festival in Saratoga Springs? See information on scholarships.
- Scholarships are also available for the Adirondack Dance Weekend.