Adirondack Dance Weekend
September 16-18th, 2022
Thanks to everyone that attended — It was a fabulous weekend — STAY TUNED FOR ADK 2023 DATES
Check out the 2022 schedule HERE
Here are a few videos from the weekend:
Friday night welcome dance
Friday night Balfolk dancing
Saturday afternoon jam session (thanks to Pascale, Nicholas & Marie Soleil)
Saturday afternoon singing session (thanks to Nicholas Williams & Anna Patton)
Friday night welcome dance -Will Mentor calling with Anna Patton, Eric Martin & Karen Axelrod. Heart quilt by Karyn Dornemann. Photo by Stephen Spinder.
Genticorum (Nicholas Williams, Pascal Gemme & Yann Falquet) Another beautiful quilt from Karyn Dornemann.
Audrey Leigh Jaber, Stuart Kenney & Max Newman (the band with no name)
The weekend is sold out. If you wish to be placed on the wait list, email or call us:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 732-5018
A weekend of Contra & English Country dancing, couples dancing, singing, music & dance workshops.
The Silver Bay YMCA Retreat Center, located 1 1/2 hours north of Albany New York, is tucked into the Adirondack Mountains and sits on the shore of Lake George. In mid September, the days are warm and the evenings chilly, the leaves just turning. A great place to spend a September weekend.
We offer continuous dancing in two halls all day, with workshops mixed in throughout the day. Two big evening dance parties. Great meals and awesome snacks. If you need a break from dancing, go for a walk around the lake, or take a canoe or kayak out for a spin on the lake. Or hang out, visit, and jam on the porches at the dance hall or Inn.
ADK is an all inclusive weekend:
- Housing – Friday & Saturday night – included in price
- All Meals —Friday dinner through Sunday lunch – included in price
- All dancing & workshops – included in price
New this year:
- BalFolk dancing (workshops and evening dancing)
- Off-site housing option (stay at a nearby campground or cottage)
- For those staying offsite, meals can be purchased a la carte or as an all meals package
Two great Contra dance bands, two great English country bands & four awesome callers & workshop leaders:
(playing for Contra, couples dancing & Balfolk)
Genticorum weaves precise and intricate fiddle and flute work, gorgeous vocal harmonies, energetic foot percussion and guitar and accordion accompaniment into a big and jubilant musical feast. They have played for dancing across New England, The West Coast, And Canada. Pascale Gemme On Fiddle, Yann Falquet On Guitar & Nicholas Williams On Flute & Accordion.
Karen Axelrod, Eric Martin & Anna Patton
(playing for English country & couples dancing)
Bringing their individual strengths and experience, Karen Axelrod (piano), Eric Martin (violin and viola) and Anna Patton (clarinet) create music together that won’t sit still. From driving rhythm to sweet subtlety, sonorous melodies, rich harmonies, and a deep love of improvisation and spontaneity are at the core of their unique sound.
Audrey Knuth, Max Newman & Stuart Kenney
(playing for Contras, squares & couples dancing)
This rocket-fueled trio brings together three of the most fun (and beloved) contra dance musicians in the galaxy. Expect deeply-rooted tunes delivered with modern flair and irrepressible joy. Soaring fiddling. Delightfully danceable rhythms. Incomparable bass and banjo grooves. It’s going to be explosive. Audrey Knuth on fiddle, Max Newman on guitar, Stuart Kenney on upright bass & 5 string banjo.
(playing for English country & couples dancing)
The Turning Stile + brings breadth and versatility to dance tunes young and old. Combining energetic melodies with intricate harmonies and upbeat drive, the trio showcases the beauty of English traditional dance music through their backdrop of both classical and folk music training. Enjoy the musical ride through the centuries of tunes brought fresh to the dance floor! Aaron Marcus on piano, Joanne Garton playing fiddle & McKinley James on cello.
Sound by Dereck Kalish & Ian Hamelin
- Dereck has provided great sound for weekly dances in the Boston area, and for larger events including Pinewoods Camp, Tropical Dance Vacation St. Croix, Peterborough Snow Ball, Across The Lake, NEFFA, CDS. When not behind the board, he can be seen calling English or contra dances throughout New England.
- Tony Hernandez
HERE ARE SOME EXCELLENT WAYS TO JOIN US:
(Prices are per person & include all meals & all dancing)
STAY AT THE INN — an historic inn with private and shared baths:
- Single room with a private bath — $553 ***SOLD OUT***
- Single room with a shared bath — $442 ***SOLD OUT***
- Double room with a private bath — $414 ***SOLD OUT***
- Double room with a shared bath — $340 ***SOLD OUT***
- Triple room with a private bath — $322 (Limited availability, find your own roommates) ***SOLD OUT***
STAY IN A CABIN — ***SOLD OUT*** — each cabin has several bedrooms, a small kitchen, living room, a shared bathroom and great porches:
- Double room with a shared bath–$340
STAY OFF SITE—stay at a local campground, motel, or cottage of your choice
- Access to all dancing and workshops — $125 (housing and meals not included)
- Meals available ala carte or buy a full package
- breakfast & lunch — $15 per meal — Saturday & Sunday
- dinner — $21 per meal — Friday & Saturday
- all meals package — $102 — six meals (Friday dinner through Sunday lunch)
GET A SCHOLARSHIP — We offer a limited number of work scholarships (First come first served) ***SOLD OUT***
- Double room with a shared bath — $175
CANCELLATION — You will receive a full refund if we need to cancel the weekend due to Covid-19 concerns.
REFUNDS – You may cancel and receive a full refund, up to August 19. No refunds after August 19.
Everyone attending needs to be vaccinated. Vaccination is defined as two doses of Pfizer or Moderna or one dose of Johnson & Johnson, or any other Covid vaccination approved by the Canadian government. Those who qualify for a booster are encouraged to get one, at least two weeks prior to the event.
Please get a Covid 19 PCR test prior to the weekend. If a PCR test is not possible or practical, do a self test using an at- home antigen rapid test.
Plan on bringing two antigen rapid tests to the weekend. These will be used to test each day or as symptoms might emerge during the weekend.
ADK will be a mask optional event. Although we will not require masking, we encourage all those willing and able, to do so. Please use a KN95, N95 or equivalent surgical mask.
We will allow for a minimum of one set for masked dancers only, at all dances. We will create more masked sets as needed. The dance halls will be well ventilated.
Questions? reach us at email@example.com or call (518) 732-5018