Adirondack Dance Weekend
Adirondack Dance Weekend
September 16-18th, 2022
A weekend of Contra & English Country dancing, couples dancing, singing, music & dance workshops.
The Silver Bay YMCA Retreat Center, located 1 1/2 hours north of Albany New York, is tucked into the Adirondack Mountains and sits on the shore of Lake George. In mid September, the days are warm and the evenings chilly, the leaves just turning. A great place to spend a September weekend.
We offer continuous dancing in two halls all day, with workshops mixed in throughout the day. Two big evening dance parties. Great meals and awesome snacks. If you need a break from dancing, go for a walk around the lake, or take a canoe or kayak out for a spin on the lake. Or hang out, visit, and jam on the porches at the dance hall or Inn.
ADK is an all inclusive weekend:
- Housing – Friday & Saturday night
- All Meals —Friday dinner through Sunday lunch
New this year:
- BalFolk dancing (workshops and evening dancing)
- Off-site housing option (stay at a nearby campground or cottage)
- For those staying offsite, meals can be purchased ala carte or as an all meals package
Two great Contra dance bands, two great English country bands & four awesome callers & workshop leaders:
Sound by Dereck Kalish & Adam Goodman
- Dereck has provided great sound for weekly dances in the Boston area, and for larger events including Pinewoods Camp, Tropical Dance Vacation St. Croix, Peterborough Snow Ball, Across The Lake, NEFFA, CDS. When not behind the board, he can be seen calling English or contra dances throughout New England.
- Adam is the guy behind the fabulous sound at the monthly contra dance in Lenox Mass. He also helps run all things sound at the Flurry Festival in Saratoga Springs NY.
HERE ARE SOME EXCELLENT WAYS TO JOIN US: (Prices are per person & include all meals)
- Single room with a private bath– $553 or Single room with a shared bath– $442
- Double room with a private bath–$414 or Double room with a shared bath–$340
- Triple room with a private bath –$322 (Limited availability, find your own roommates)
STAY IN A CABIN — each cabin has several bedrooms, a small kitchen, living room, a shared bathroom and great porches:
- Double room with a shared bath–$340
STAY OFF SITE—stay at a local campground or cottage of your choice
- Access to all dancing and workshops — $125 (housing and meals not included)
- Meals available ala carte or buy a full package
- breakfast & lunch — $15 per meal — Saturday & Sunday
- dinner — $21 per meal — Friday & Saturday
- all meals package — $102 — six meals (Friday dinner through Sunday lunch)
GET A SCHOLARSHIP — We offer a limited number of work scholarships, if you’re 38 or younger, are a new attendee and happy to work a few hours over the weekend. (First come first served)
- Double room with a shared bath — $175
CANCELLATION — You will receive a full refund if we need to cancel the weekend due to Covid-19 concerns.REFUNDS – You may cancel and receive a full refund, up to August 19.
Everyone attending will need to be fully vaccinated. Depending on circumstances closer to the weekend, additional requirements, such as masking or testing may be necessary. Silver Bay does not currently have any restrictions in place, and attendees may be sharing dining or other public spaces with those outside our group. Watch for updates here and on Facebook & Instagram.
Questions? reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 441-3667