Adirondack Dance Weekend
- This event has passed.
Adirondack Dance Weekend
September 16-18th, 2022
The weekend is sold out. If you wish to be placed on the wait list, email or call us:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518) 441-3667
A weekend of Contra & English Country dancing, couples dancing, singing, music & dance workshops.
The Silver Bay YMCA Retreat Center, located 1 1/2 hours north of Albany New York, is tucked into the Adirondack Mountains and sits on the shore of Lake George. In mid September, the days are warm and the evenings chilly, the leaves just turning. A great place to spend a September weekend.
We offer continuous dancing in two halls all day, with workshops mixed in throughout the day. Two big evening dance parties. Great meals and awesome snacks. If you need a break from dancing, go for a walk around the lake, or take a canoe or kayak out for a spin on the lake. Or hang out, visit, and jam on the porches at the dance hall or Inn.
ADK is an all inclusive weekend:
- Housing – Friday & Saturday night
- All Meals —Friday dinner through Sunday lunch
- All dancing & workshops
New this year:
- BalFolk dancing (workshops and evening dancing)
- Off-site housing option (stay at a nearby campground or cottage)
- For those staying offsite, meals can be purchased ala carte or as an all meals package
Two great Contra dance bands, two great English country bands & four awesome callers & workshop leaders:
Sound by Dereck Kalish & Ian Hamelin
- Dereck has provided great sound for weekly dances in the Boston area, and for larger events including Pinewoods Camp, Tropical Dance Vacation St. Croix, Peterborough Snow Ball, Across The Lake, NEFFA, CDS. When not behind the board, he can be seen calling English or contra dances throughout New England.
- Ian has been involved with the Dance Flurry Organization since 1999, as a Flurry Festival volunteer stagehand, stage manager, and “sound pro” and later as a member of the Board of Directors, Flurry Festival Volunteer Planning Committee and eventually the Flurry Festival’s Administrative, Marketing, Technical and Finance Manager (not all at once!). Ian has also had the honor of working the stages of the Boston Symphony Orchestra’s summer home at Tanglewood and the grounds of the 1969 Woodstock Festival, now Bethelwoods Center for the Performing Arts. He has worked with artists across diverse genres, including Willie Nelson, David Brubeck, Arturo Sandoval, Cyro Baptista, Chris Botti, Jakob Dylan (The Wallflowers), Hot Tuna, John Sebastian, and Gordon Lightfoot .. to name a few .. Ian’s heart lives in the folk traditions and has been seen behind the soundboard at Caffe Lena, Old Songs, Champlain Valley, Falcon Ridge, ADK Folk Festival and the favorite leisurely Memorial Day getaway the GottaGetGon.
HERE ARE SOME EXCELLENT WAYS TO JOIN US: (Prices are per person & include all meals & all dancing)
- Single room with a private bath — $553
- Single room with a shared bath — $442 ****SOLD OUT****
- Double room with a private bath — $414
- Double room with a shared bath — $340 ****SOLD OUT****
- Triple room with a private bath — $322 (Limited availability, find your own roommates) ****SOLD OUT****
STAY IN A CABIN ****SOLD OUT**** each cabin has several bedrooms, a small kitchen, living room, a shared bathroom and great porches:
- Double room with a shared bath–$340
STAY OFF SITE—stay at a local campground or cottage of your choice
- Access to all dancing and workshops — $125 (housing and meals not included)
- Meals available ala carte or buy a full package
- breakfast & lunch — $15 per meal — Saturday & Sunday
- dinner — $21 per meal — Friday & Saturday
- all meals package — $102 — six meals (Friday dinner through Sunday lunch)
GET A SCHOLARSHIP — We offer a limited number of work scholarships, if you’re 38 or younger, are a new attendee and happy to work a few hours over the weekend. (First come first served)
- Double room with a shared bath — $175
CANCELLATION — You will receive a full refund if we need to cancel the weekend due to Covid-19 concerns.REFUNDS – You may cancel and receive a full refund, up to August 19. No refunds after August 19.
Everyone attending needs to be vaccinated. Vaccination is defined as two doses of Pfizer or Moderna or one dose of Johnson & Johnson, or any other Covid vaccination approved by the Canadian government. Those who qualify for a booster are encouraged to get one, at least two weeks prior to the event.
Please get a Covid 19 PCR test prior to the weekend. If a PCR test is not possible or practical, do a self test using an at- home antigen rapid test.
Plan on bringing two antigen rapid tests to the weekend. These will be used to test each day or as symptoms might emerge during the weekend.
ADK will be a mask optional event. Although we will not require masking, we encourage all those willing and able, to do so. Please use a KN95, N95 or equivalent surgical mask.
We will allow for a minimum of one set for masked dancers only, at all dances. We will create more masked sets as needed. The dance halls will be well ventilated.
Questions? reach us at email@example.com or call (518) 441-3667