Albany 1st Friday Swing Dance
Albany 1st Friday Swing Dance
April 7 @ 7:00 pm – 11:00 pm EDT
Free Swing Dance Lesson followed by open dancing to the band.
* 7-8pm – Free Swing Lesson included in admission. No partner needed.
* 8-11pm – Dance to The Dylan Perrillo Quartet
Albany Elks, 25 S Allen St, Albany, NY 12208 (1 block south of Rt. 20 Madison/Western)
Spacious, attractive A/C hall (plus 2 large fans) with large wooden dance floor.
Dylan Perrillo is an upright bass player and bandleader from Albany, NY. Since graduating from the Crane School of Music in 2012 he has toured around the country and parts of Canada but, finds much inspiration in the capital region. He performs regularly with Useless Cans, Hot Club of Saratoga, The Giroux Brothers and Bryan Brundige and his Piggly Wigglies as well as freelancing with various regional groups. He has most recently had the pleasure of playing alongside Stephane Wrembel, John Ellis, Bobby Militello, and others on the stage at Saratoga Springs’ fabled venue, Caffe Lena. In addition to performing, he also enjoys arranging and writing for his eleven piece band, the Dylan Perrillo Orchestra and his Quartet. More info on Dylan: http://www.dylanperrillo.com/
TO AVOID LONG LINES, PRE-REGISTER for the dance now and UPLOAD YOUR VAX STATUS at:
Full Covid vaccinations plus at least one booster are required, so please plan ahead. Masks are optional, but recommended.
Volunteers: please contact me if you’d be interested in being on the Albany 1st Friday Swing Dance committee and helping with the dance.
- We strongly encourage pre-registration of your Covid vaccination and booster status in this system. Please register using this link: https://tinyurl.com/2p96hera
- We require proof of Covid vaccinations – you must have had at least one booster. Please upload a photo of your vaccination card when pre-registering. If photo upload is not possible, please complete the other requested information in the system and then show your vaccination card at the door.
- For those not pre-registered, you may register at the door by presenting your vaccination card, but it’s best to pre-register to avoid delays (especially to not miss the lesson).
- Please get new Covid boosters as they become available. At some future date, they will need to be added to the system.
- Masks are optional, but recommended, preferably N95, KN95, or equivalent. We will have a limited number of N95s available.
- Please follow social distancing except when actually dancing with another. Be respectful if a person declines to dance, as some may desire to limit who they dance with for health or personal reasons.
- Bring your own snacks and water bottles. There will be a water jug for refills, plus there will be cups.
- Please stay home if you have cold-like symptoms or a fever, even if you think it’s “just allergies.” We look forward to seeing you once you feel better!
- If in the last 2 weeks, you traveled out of the area or attended an event with many people or unvaccinated people (e.g., party, indoor dining or bar, wedding, wake or funeral, airplane, etc.), please take a Covid rapid test the day of the event with a negative result.
- We strongly recommend that everyone take a Covid rapid test before leaving home the day of the event. We are grateful for your diligence around communal health!
- Attendees should recognize that regardless of precautions taken by the organizers, and other attendees, there will always be a risk of Covid exposure.
- Please email us immediately in the event that you develop symptoms or have a positive Covid test within 5 days after the event. firstname.lastname@example.org
- If there are any changes to this policy, they will be posted at the event.
Schedule for 2022-2023 Season (with links to Facebook events):
10/7/22: Mark Gamsjager and the Lustre Kings
11/4/22 – Sonny & Perley Jive Five
12/2/22 – Jonathan Greene’s Grand Boubousse
Jan 6 – El Dorados
Feb 3 – The Lucky 5
Mar 3 – Alan Thompson Little Big Band
Apr 7 – The Dylan Perrillo Quartet
May 5 – Phil Drum’s The Resonators
June 2 – Alan Thomson Little Big Band
Sponsored by the Dance Flurry Organization (DFO) www.danceflurry.org