March 3 dance cancelled due to bad weather.
Free Swing Dance Lesson followed by open dancing to the band.
* 7-8pm – Free Swing Lesson included in admission. No partner needed.
* 8-11pm – Dance to The Alan Thomson Little Big Band
The Alan Thomson Little Big Band plays a versatile mix of dance music from Tracy Chapman to Benny Goodman, doing lots of East and West Coast Swing and Lindy, and probably a waltz. They’ll play music from Chapman, Stray Cats, Elvis, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton & Carl Perkins. They’ll also do big band tunes from Goodman, Duke Ellington, Cole Porter & Nat Cole. Don’t miss.
Check out the great band lineup: Alan Thomson piano, Don Young guitar and vocals, Ed Tourge bass, Keith Pray tenor sax and Mark Foster drums.
Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1965914933607201
Albany Elks, 25 S Allen St, Albany, NY 12208 (1 block south of Rt. 20 Madison/Western)
Spacious, attractive A/C hall (plus 2 large fans) with large wooden dance floor.
TO AVOID LONG LINES, PRE-REGISTER for the dance now and UPLOAD YOUR VAX STATUS at:
Full Covid vaccinations plus at least one booster are required, so please plan ahead. Masks are optional, but recommended.
Volunteers: please contact me if you’d be interested in being on the Albany 1st Friday Swing Dance committee and helping with the dance.
- We strongly encourage pre-registration of your Covid vaccination and booster status in this system. Please register using this link: https://tinyurl.com/2p96hera
- We require proof of Covid vaccinations – you must have had at least one booster. Please upload a photo of your vaccination card when pre-registering. If photo upload is not possible, please complete the other requested information in the system and then show your vaccination card at the door.
- For those not pre-registered, you may register at the door by presenting your vaccination card, but it’s best to pre-register to avoid delays (especially to not miss the lesson).
- Please get new Covid boosters as they become available. At some future date, they will need to be added to the system.
- Masks are optional, but recommended, preferably N95, KN95, or equivalent. We will have a limited number of N95s available.
- Please follow social distancing except when actually dancing with another. Be respectful if a person declines to dance, as some may desire to limit who they dance with for health or personal reasons.
- Bring your own snacks and water bottles. There will be a water jug for refills, plus there will be cups.
- Please stay home if you have cold-like symptoms or a fever, even if you think it’s “just allergies.” We look forward to seeing you once you feel better!
- If in the last 2 weeks, you traveled out of the area or attended an event with many people or unvaccinated people (e.g., party, indoor dining or bar, wedding, wake or funeral, airplane, etc.), please take a Covid rapid test the day of the event with a negative result.
- We strongly recommend that everyone take a Covid rapid test before leaving home the day of the event. We are grateful for your diligence around communal health!
- Attendees should recognize that regardless of precautions taken by the organizers, and other attendees, there will always be a risk of Covid exposure.
- Please email us immediately in the event that you develop symptoms or have a positive Covid test within 5 days after the event. email@example.com
- If there are any changes to this policy, they will be posted at the event.
Schedule for 2022-2023 Season (with links to Facebook events):
10/7/22: Mark Gamsjager and the Lustre Kings
11/4/22 – Sonny & Perley Jive Five
12/2/22 – Jonathan Greene’s Grand Boubousse
Jan 6 – El Dorados
Feb 3 – The Lucky 5
Mar 3 – Alan Thompson Little Big Band
Apr 7 – Dylan Perrillo Quartet
May 5 – Phil Drum’s The Resonators
June 2 – TBD
Sponsored by the Dance Flurry Organization (DFO) www.danceflurry.org
$20 General, $15 Student, 65+ Senior, DFO Member