Positions currently available:
DanceFlurry Organization and Flurry Festival Bookkeeper
DFO & Flurry Festival Bookkeeper Job Responsibilities:
The DanceFlurry Organization (DFO) is seeking a freelance bookkeeper. Hours will vary throughout the year, up to 10 hours per month except for a seasonal peak in January and February. The bookkeeper is an independent contractor working remotely and reports to the Treasurer.
The DanceFlurry Organization is a non-profit organization dedicated to connecting and inspiring people through traditional music and dance. With the help of our volunteer event organizers, we produce over 15 dance series and special events in the Albany, NY area. We also provide grants and technical expertise to other organizations whose mission matches ours.
- Use QuickBooks and other software applications to post up-to-date financial transactions. Become familiar with the DFO chart of accounts.
- Coordinate with DFO sponsored Event / Dance Organizers to pay vendors and collect transaction details necessary to complete data entry (typically check request or other pre-approved transactions, name, address and W-9 form for each individual payee).
- Bi-weekly transfer funds from Paypal account, categorize the transaction or create matching deposit with categorized totals from downloaded Paypal activity report.
- Receive and process correspondence, invoices, payments addressed to DFO’s Latham NY PO Box from the DFO administrator.
- Enter check data. Maybe also print, sign and mail checks (seasonal volume peaks)
- Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
- Coordinate with the Treasurer, administrator, and/or CPA to comply with non-profit tax return filings (990, Charity)
- Assist Treasurer with NYS Sales Tax filing if required (March)
- Reconcile Bank Accounts
- Prepare and file 1096s and 1099s, as necessary
- Collect W-9s and attach to Vendor profiles
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks Online
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please direct correspondence to Finance@DanceFlurry.org.