Upon arrival at Silver Bay you will need to acknowledge you have read and agree to the waiver.
Covid-19 Waiver and Release for Adirondack Dance Weekend
In consideration of my participation as a guest, dancer, performer, instructor, volunteer, or staff in the Adirondack Dance Weekend sponsored by the DanceFlurry Organization (“DF”) on September 16-18, 2022, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees:
- I acknowledge the contagious nature of the SARS-CoV-2 virus (“the novel coronavirus”) and that it is spread through person-to-person contact. I voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by the novel coronavirus by attending/or participating in Adirondack Dance Weekend, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to the novel coronavirus by attending and/or participating in Adirondack Dance Weekend may result from actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, other participants, other attendees of Silver Bay YMCA, or any “Releasee”.
- I understand that I am required to be vaccinated, in order to attend Adirondack Dance Weekend, and that I will be asked to show documentation of vaccination before being admitted. I also understand that Silver Bay YMCA does not require its attendees to be vaccinated, and therefore that other attendees at the facility who are not registered for Adirondack Dance Weekend may not be vaccinated. I may come into contact with persons of unknown vaccination status in public spaces at Silver Bay, including but not limited to the dining hall, and the Inn.
- I knowingly and voluntarily agree to comply with and adhere to all Covid-19 related safety and risk mitigation practices during my attendance and participation in Adirondack Dance Weekend, whether communicated verbally or in writing. Such practices may include but are not limited to:
(a) VACCINE- having completed the applicable covid-19 vaccine regimen at least two weeks prior to the EVENT;
(b) PROOF- New York Excelsior Pass plus ID if I received the vaccine in New York State or bringing the official CDC vaccine card issued to me showing proof of my vaccination, or a photo of your vaccination card, or having sent said proof prior to arrival.
- I voluntarily assume the risk that I will neither attend nor participate in Adirondack Dance Weekend if I have, within the 14 days prior to the Event: (a) had a suspected/confirmed case of Covid-19; (b) experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 including, without limitation, fever, cough, or shortness of breath).
- To the fullest extent permissible in applicable law, I and my heirs, assigns, spouses, partners, personal representatives, and/or next of kin, forever WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE THE DANCEFLURRY ORGANIZATION, Silver Bay YMCA, and their respective owners, officers, directors, employees, contractors, representatives, agents, and affiliates as applicable, any direct or indirect parent or subsidiary, predecessor, successor, heir, assign, media partner, associated charity, sponsor, medical providers of any of the foregoing (collectively the “Releasees”) WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUITS, CLAIMS, OR LOSS AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, AND/OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY, IN CONNECTION WITH MY PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENT, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL CONDUCT OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE. I further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless “Releasees” from any loss, liability, cost or claim and/or damages arising from Participant’s participation in or association with the EVENT, including, but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees. If I make any such claim or any such claim is made by anyone on my behalf, I agree to reimburse all such costs and liability to the person or entity who incurs such costs or liability from such suits, claim, demands or actions of any kind. I understand that this waiver means I give up my right to bring any claims including for personal injuries, death, disease or property losses, or any other loss, including but not limited to claims of negligence, but not intentional wrongs or the gross negligence of a Releasee, and give up any claim I may have to seek damages, whether known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen.
- CHOICE OF LAW: I understand and agree that the law of the State of New York will apply to this contract.
- If any of the provisions of the Covid-19 Waiver and Release (“Covid-19 Waiver”) shall be deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction invalid or unenforceable in any respect, then, to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, all other provisions hereof shall remain in full force and effect.
Adirondack Dance Weekend will comply with any federal, state, or local guidelines or mandates in place at the time of the event.
I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE COVID-19 WAIVER. I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY.
I attest that I have read and agree to the above terms, and that I will have completed a vaccination regimen for Covid-19 on or before September 4, 2022.